Thursday, April 2, 2015

Bailey's First Overnight Boat Trip

Bailey, our 6 year old granddaughter had been on the tug boat for a short day trip, but never spent the night aboard, so we took her to Demopolis to spend a couple of days on the river. We trailered the tug down on Wednesday morning and checked in at the marina, filled the gas tank and got ice for the cooler. After docking in our slip, we got some lunch and cruised the river.

Bailey says:
I am so excited to take my first sleeping boat trip!   I really liked looking at the birds.  I saw some really pretty trees,some pretty yellow flowers and turtles.  I liked the waves when other boats went by because they made the boat go up and down!  I can't wait to go to bed because the bed feels silky.  



Glenda says:
We headed down to Demopolis this morning with our 6 year old grand-daughter, Bailey.  She is a pistol!!! Nonstop fun!  I'm not sure how the 2 days is going to go since the motor is acting up for some reason.  Tom is extraordinarily cautious so we may no get far from the marina.  But thats ok Bailey is having a blast.  The key word for G.G. For the next 2 days however is "patience"😊.  We enjoyed a few miles down the river after a nice lunch at "smokin joes" bbq.  Made a Walmart and cvs run when we got back.  Then comes the chore of getting everybody and everything settled for the night.  I'm really looking forward to spending more of my time on the river.  

Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment